Earl Nightingale famously said “ Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or idea.”
It is widely understood that success looks different to everyone, and we can agree, that all success is obtained in the same way; working hard, working smartly towards a target.
With success being so unique to everyone, we noticed successful sales managers are masters at doing the right things to help their team accomplish their goals.
1. First they set SMART goals and review performance regularly. Remember, you can only manage and improve what you measure!
2. Successful managers lead by example. If anyone is a parent, you have seen examples of this many times. Our cheeky children will always do as they see and not as they are told. We know it is human nature to follow the actions of others. Willfully take action each day while you are at work, offering value and creative solutions to your team.
3. Great managers are servant leaders. Their goal is to ensure that every member of their team succeeds. Servant leaders are available to offer their salespeople support, resources, attitudes checks and some tough love. They are the most valued asset when it comes to support. Serve your team with ideas, insight, and with ways they can create new opportunities to win more often.
4. Memorable managers are close to their team. They learn what makes them tick, what makes them happy and what motivates them. Using what they know about their sales team to help encourage their individual success.
5. The most performing sales managers out there own it. They hold themselves accountable, they seek new knowledge, build relationships of trust and respect with their team members, and they keep abreast of industry trends. They just do it!
You are one decision away from a great year, a great team, a successful career building your team’s success and by extension your own success.